Rankin County and the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality
Household Hazardous Waste & Tire Collection Day
Saturday, November 17th, 2018
Multipurpose Pavilion* 649 Marquette Rd* Brandon, MS
8:00 a.m. – 1:00p.m.
Bring any products listed below, or which are labeled:
to the Multipurpose Pavilion for recycling and disposal
- Aerosols Paint/Thinner
- Ammonia Pesticides
- Anti-Freeze Photo Chemicals
- Lighter Fluid Pool Chemicals
- Batteries Silver Polish
- Brake Fluid Tires
- Chlorine Bleach Transmission Fluid
- Drain Opener Turpentine
- Furniture Polish Varnish
- Herbicides Water Seal
- Mothballs Wood Finish
- Used Motor oil/Filters Oven Cleaners
WHEN TRANSPORTING HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTES:
- Leave products in original containers.
- Seal containers to prevent leaking.
- Carry containers in trunk or in back of vehicle away from passengers.
- Leave windows down and do not smoke while transporting.
WE WILL NOT ACCEPT:
- Radioactive materials,
- compressed gas cylinders,
- explosives or potentially shock sensitive materials,
- infectious materials,
- unknown materials,
- hazardous waste from commercial businesses.
For more information,
Call Rankin County Solid Waste Dept. at 601-825-9213